22 June 2012

Book recs: Coming Home

I read this book over the weekend and I almost couldn't put it down. I really liked it, and as I also liked Bridges and The Key, two other stories of hers I've read, this author is definitely an auto-buy for me from now on.

I really loved this story. The characters were so sweet. Tallis, former school bully and general jerk, is back in his hometown with no job and no money. Lex, who was Tallis' favorite target in high school, was vary of him at first, but still hired Tallis to work in his coffee shop.

The romance between them unfolded slowly, which I like. I tend to roll my eyes at the insta-love stories, but this was not one of them. It all built up so nicely and they were so sweet together.

There's some drama in the story too. Misunderstandings, vary townspeople and bigots. I found it to be very realistic, though I had a few niggles about repercussions for something that happened at the end, but it did not take away from my enjoyment of the story. There wasn't too much steamy scenes either, which I feel is the problem with many books nowadays.

Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment