5 July 2012

Thursday Trivia: Back When I Was Productive

Once upon a time I was very productive. I could write a story in no time. Now, I usually struggle to finish something. I really miss the old times when I could knock a story out in fourteen days. As I've kept a document on when I started and finished a story, I thought I'd post it. Makes me feel embarassed about my current pace, but oh well. 

I wrote the first draft of Polar Nights from January 5th to January 13th, 2009. I was really on a roll with that one. I don't even know what inspired it, per say, but I think it was a picture or a documentary or something about polar bears. 

Northern Lights, the sequel, I started on January 13th and ended it on February 5th, 2009. Used a little longer on this one, but still quick when compared to how I write now.

Midnight Sun was not so quick. I started it on February 13th, but had major writer's block and finished it on May 8th, 2009. I think I was still in my writers block then, because it continues. 

White Nights, the sequel to Midnight Sun, was started on May 10th, but due to my major writer's block around that time, I do not have a record of when I finished it. Sometime in July/August/September/October 2009. Very vague, yes. 

Northern Skies I started on November 3rd and ended it on November 21st, 2009. This is a sequel to Polar Nights and Northern Lights, featuring both those couples. 

Winter Love's first draft was started on December 1st and wrapped up at December 13th, 2009. Here I'm definitely back on a roll. 

The first draft of Sakura Kiss was started on December 13th and ended on December 28th, 2009. I was very inspired to give Armas' his happy ending after the jerk he was in Winter's Love. 

And then Moscow Nights. It was started on December 28th, 2009, and ended ... I don't know. My records end there. I think I wrapped it up in January of 2010, because I can't remember having writer's block on it.

These books are now divided into my two contemporary series, Arctic Love and Seasonal Love. The first book in each series, Polar Nights and Winter Love respectively, has been published. I've submitted Sakura Kiss and waiting to hear back on that, but am severely stuck on Midnight Sun

This annoys me because I love these guys and I want to get their stories written now.

No comments:

Post a Comment